Southwest Chicken Salad
Yields 4 servings Total Time: 30 minutes
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts-2 pieces or 2 cups
- Bacon- 2 strips
- Avocado-1 full
- Red onion- ¼ cup, small diced
- Corn- ½ cup
- Red bell pepper= ½ cup, small diced
- Tortilla Strips (seasoned with salt or southwest
- seasoning)- 1 ½ cups
- Greek yogurt- ½ cup + 1 T
- White wine vinegar- 2 Tablespoons
- Agave (can also use honey)- 1 Tablespoon
- Jalapeno- 1 ½, diced
- Chives- 1 Tablespoon, chopped
- Cilantro- ¼ cup, chopped
- Parsley- ¼ cup, chopped
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350°, salt and pepper chicken breasts and bake on a slightly oiled pan for 20 minutes or until it reads 160°.
Cook bacon on frying pan until browned, transfer to plate with a paper towel.
Dice red onion, bell pepper and avocado. If using frozen corn, defrost in a bowl with water or in the oven until lightly roasted. Once chicken and bacon are done, dice into large pieces. Transfer all to a bowl.
To make dressing: prepare fresh herbs and jalapeno by dicing (can be left large). Transfer all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth.
Pour over bowl with salad and mix thoroughly. Add a pinch more of salt if needed. Add tortilla strips and mix together. Serve over bed of lettuce or in a wrap. Top with more tortilla strips and avocado if desired. Enjoy!